On a cool winter afternoon, Beth Munoz and her husband Morgan decided they were ready to buy a home near the beach. After quickly browsing several real estate websites, the sinking feeling began to set in about the lack of homes for sale. At that moment, Morgan made a decision that would alter the course of their journey.
"When my husband and I decided to move to the beach, I really didn't think it would ever happen due to the lack of houses for sale, and our specifications, but he said not to worry, he found a great realtor who was going to find us a house," Beth said.
"Well, we have now closed on our house and I am convinced we could not have done it without Ferguson Realty. They are knowledgeable, honest and competent Realtors and I would recommend them wholeheartedly," she added.
Fortunately, this story had a happy ending. But before you proceed further, we've identified 5 things you must know before buying a home in 2017.
- Preparation - You probably browse real estate websites while you are on your lunch break and late into the evening while laying in bed. You feel prepared. Unfortunately, you've located a few houses that look like "the one" before being approved for a home loan. Going about the home searching process without financing means that you'll get beat out by someone else looking at the same house (because they were prepared). Our client's are always prepared and as such, have the best competitive advantage.
- Don't talk to strangers - There is no shortage of people with real estate licenses, but this does not make them experts. Calling a random agent from a website or sign could lead you down the wrong path that ends with an awful experience or missed opportunity. We are a Boutique real estate firm which means we only work with a handful of client's and are able to provide the best service which leads to amazing results.
- You have a home to sell - We are in a market where many people need to sell their home before they can buy. Depending on what strategy you use to approach this challenge, you may have zero luck getting your offer accepted on the next home. Nobody wants to be "contingent" in this market, so it's imperative you have a plan in place if you have a home to sell. This is a situation we are uniquely capable at helping our client's navigate.
- Commit - You wouldn't go to court without an attorney, so why are you shopping for houses without contacting a Realtor first? The overabundance of real estate information available online has distracted home buyer's with the "what" and not the "how". Going from the picture of a home to actually holding the keys in your hand is a task that only a skilled Realtor can help you accomplish. Do yourself a favor and commit to a reputable Realtor that has raving client testimonials before you start.
- Low Inventory - Probably the #1 buzz word among people preparing to buy a home right now. While there is no magic cure for the lack of available homes, having a Realtor that is technically adept and highly communicative will give you a competitive advantage. Since we market heavily to people that need to sell (similar to how you found this article), we are able to share these new listings with our priority buyer client's before putting them on the market.
Buying the first home you fall in love with is never guaranteed. But after 13 years in business, we've learned a thing or two about what it takes to help our client's have success. The only question left is, do you want to have an exhilarating experience or struggle like the others buyers that are unprepared?